Monday, December 20, 2010

FoRgiVe & fOrGeT


A few days ago, I went to somewhere to meet my old friend.....I felt like something great happened to me on that moment!!! We don’t have such a great time together since something happened to us.... something that taught us how to appreciate someone who is beside us.....I’m the one who don’t know how to appreciate her.....I really hope that she can forgive me... when we met I’m always the one who start the conversation first, who will ask for forgiveness....I know should not state here that I’m the one who ask for forgiveness but I have to. One of my friend said to me, even we are not the one who make the mistake it will look nice to ask for forgiveness. Maybe we have done mistakes before but we do not realised them so let us try to say “I’m so sorry......” to all people whom we have been with them before even my parents, neighbours, housemate or anyone related to our lives. Word sorry can’t be easily said to anyone, even it is a word that we use ask for forgiveness. We have to try our best to avoid from doing mistakes then we can say sorry if they do not satisfied with us. The word forgive is not only between human being but also with The Creator.
Every son of Adam makes mistakes, and the best of those who make mistakes are those who repent.- Prophet Muhammad (Narrated by At-Tirmidhi). So as we know we are trying to be the best so let us immediately repent if we have done wrong, and there is no loss if you repent everyday.
When you realize you’ve made mistake, made amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm. I myself always do mistakes in my daily life and of course I am still learning to be the best and repent immediately.
In the Holy Quran, Ali- Imran 3:159 stated that, “and by the mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah) forgiveness for them; and consult them in their affairs. Then when you have taken decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust in Him.”, very nice versus to be a guideline in our daily lives. Be a better person from day to day so that we can reach the “mardhatillah”. Remember to put your trust in Allah in whatever you do.....
From our Prophet Muhammad, narrated by Muslim, “If one gives charity it does not diminish his wealth; if someone forgive others, Allah bestows more honour on him; and if one humbles himself for Allah’s sake, He exalts him higher.”, there are so many thing we can learn from this statement not only about forgiveness but there are also about humble and charity. Islam such a perfect religion, it teaches us in every aspect even the most simple things.
FORGIVE
Free yourself from the bondage of hurt, anger and resentment
Open your heart to the opportunity to experience true joy
Release your need to be right
Gain perspective by seeing the situation through the other's eyes
Imagine the highest possible outcome for the situation
View only the good for that is all that is really true
Enter the garden of the Divine, fresh and new like the Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment